If you have been following along from the old blog…. (www.ihaveanotion.blogspot.com) then you know the last year has been a bit of a trial for us with dogs. We acquired Goldie after having to send Bandit back to the breeder. Goldie has the same dad as Bandit, but she has a different mom.
Some more medications and then another test! Giardia gone, but positive for both C-Diff and Crypto… more meds. Another test. Yay C-Diff gone, but the Crypto… is hanging in. Vet said it was a difficult bug to kill. So another round of medication. The last medication had to be administered every 8 hours with a meal! and another test. Still positive for Crypto. So it was suggested that we continue the last medication for 4 or 5 months and retest. We have all been on the 8 hour schedule for 7 months with fingers crossed. We took a sample in last week.
Goldie is almost a year old now. In just about 10 days she will celebrate her birthday. We will be celebrating lots more too. We got the call from the Vet this morning and she is CLEAR!!!
When we started down this road Goldie only weigh about 35 pounds. She now weighs a respectable 75 pounds although she is tall thin dog, but the next 6 months should show her putting on some muscle and filling out a bit.
We were outside one day last week and Goldie consented to a photo session. In the first picture you can see the juvenile in her still, but in the last 2 you can start to see the mature countenance she will have as an adult. We still have about 6 more months of a tween dog.
She is looking so good…. She was spayed a month ago… and on September 7 she will be a year old. I hope she will consider being a healthy dog…. for the rest of her life.
She looks so much like Bandit in this last picture!!!
Between daily life and pulling the new ihaveanotion.com web pages together I did do a little creative playtime. Not much… but some.
In March I shared my “Thread Talk” and some of the quilts I’ve made that have lots of thread on them with a guild in Indiana. They asked if I would come back and share a “Thread Workshop”. They chose a ‘threadpainting’ technique. Its a great class for beginning thread work and free motion work, especially if you have been afraid to do either. Most of the decisions are made for you…. and you only have to workout a few color decisions and play. The play date was in early July and there were 19 ladies waiting to play!!! We had a really fun day with thread and flowers!
Whenever I share a technique I try to have at least one new piece and one new sample to show how I work the stitching.
The new piece was these Daffodils. Sorry I don’t have a detail shot of the stitching. I was really more interested in getting to the quilting part, because I wanted to play with an idea for another quilt.
The other new piece I started for the class was one that I left in mid stitching stage.
To illustrate how some thread decisions are made, demo the stitching and to show how I use the batting as a stabilizer.
So I got busy after the class and completed the threadplay, backed it and finished the quilting. I also got a label done for it. About 20” square and the red quilting was done free motion with Glide 40 weight thread, the black quilting was done with a 50 weight 100% cotton.
I was sent a picture (I always forget to take pictures) from the guild meeting after the workshop and 4 ladies finished their little piece. It is so rewarding to see finishes, but I also relate to the participants that finishing is not a requirement, sometimes in playing we make decisions… that don’t resonate… and compel a finish. I have several of those!!!
Let me also thank everyone for the visits to the store, reading the blog and leaving comments. I really appreciate them… without you there wouldn’t be any fun.
I don’t know why I try to plan things…. beyond the daily stuff…. and even that often doesn’t quite work out as planned. Like today… I have to go to the laundromat! Thought I was done with that… in my lifetime, but no the washer decided to have a breakdown… and it will need parts… and well it had a load in it when it went on a mental detour.
So the drawing from comments… dates were wrong… partly because we didn’t go live as planned… some glitches… and I had planned to use raffle copter, but when I got that all set up and ready to go I discovered that it doesn’t like to play with WordPress…. and now they say it does, so work around.
So all commenters (9) if I counted right…. on the opening blog will get a little something in the mail… and we will just have to try it again soon. Will be sending email to the nine in a bit.
In the meantime… I will leave you with a picture of a chicken.